Drawing Production Technician
Since 1991, Wentworth Landscapes has been demonstrating why it is a leader in creating outdoor spaces where people want to live, work and play. The firm’s holistic approach focuses on the awareness, intention and opportunity to create an outdoor space that beckons people outside and in turn boosting overall health and happiness of our community. This purpose and drive brings about creative design solutions that meet the needs of the individual, community and developers while meeting project timelines and budgets.
Wentworth Landscapes, the design/build leader in south-eastern Ontario, is looking for a Drawing Production Technician to join our Residential Design Team. Our central office is located in Picton in the heart of Prince Edward County; a celebrated region featuring wineries, craft beer, artisan food specialists and its thriving music and arts community. We are committed to developing landscapes that harmoniously blend with nature, whether it is a back garden living space or a municipal park. The essence of our success comes from responding to our clients’ needs with landscapes and gardens that are anchored in creativity, experience, and enduring craftsmanship.
If you feel energized by a career that serves others through this meaningful work, we’d love to discuss the prospects of doing so with our team. We’re based in Eastern Ontario, serving the Cobourg/Port Hope, Prince Edward County, Belleville, and Kingston communities.
Applicants should possess or be working towards the following qualifications:
- A Degree or Diploma in Architectural Technology, Landscape Architecture/Design, AutoCAD Drafting/Design or other Technical program; or similar, relevant education
- Min. Three Years’ preferred experience in utilizing the following computer design software:AutoCAD 2016 or newer,Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite – InDesign and Photoshop CC 2015 or newer
- Experience in 3D rendering software such as Sketch Up Pro, is an asset
- Experience in preparing Tender drawing packages and details
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Attention to detail and the ability to balance multiple projects with accuracy and efficiency
- Organized with excellent written, verbal and graphic communication skills
- Site plan development skills such as obtaining field measurements and grades
- Valid “G” class driver’s license
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparing Construction drawings and details for Commercial Design Division
- Drafting preliminary designs and preparing design development drawings
- Coordination and collaboration with Landscape Architects and Design/Build Team
- Helping to prepare creative graphic 3-D renderings, rendered site plans and presentation drawings
- Perform material take offs and assist with cost estimates
- Obtaining measurements and grades from project sites and prepare base plans
Your time will be spent working on challenging and unique projects with a fun, winning and creative environment. Projects include Waterfront Trail Master Plan, Natural Playgrounds, Municipal Parks, Schools and High end Commercial Developments
This position offers excellent long term progressive career opportunities. We offer excellent wages and benefits, an amazing training program, challenging and unique projects, an exceptional team environment and work/life balance.
If you would like to discuss your qualifications and alignment with our team and mission, please forward your resume and cover letter to Scott Hineman at [email protected]
Posted on: 2021-08-19
Hiring by Wentworth Landscapes