Drawing Production Technician
Since 1991, Wentworth Landscapes has been demonstrating why it is a leader in creating outdoor spaces where people want to live, work and play. The firm’s holistic approach focuses on the awareness, intention and opportunity to create an outdoor space that beckons people outside and in turn boosting overall health and happiness of our community. This purpose and drive brings about creative design solutions that meet the needs of the individual, community and developers while meeting project timelines and budgets.
Wentworth Landscapes, the design/build leader in south-eastern Ontario, is looking for a Drawing Production Technician to join our Residential Design Team. Our central office is located in Picton in the heart of Prince Edward County; a celebrated region featuring wineries, craft beer, artisan food specialists and its thriving music and arts community. We are committed to developing landscapes that harmoniously blend with nature, whether it is a back garden living space or a municipal park. The essence of our success comes from responding to our clients’ needs with landscapes and gardens that are anchored in creativity, experience, and enduring craftsmanship.
If you feel energized by a career that serves others through this meaningful work, we’d love to discuss the prospects of doing so with our team. We’re based in Eastern Ontario, serving the Cobourg/Port Hope, Prince Edward County, Belleville, and Kingston communities.
Applicants should possess or be working towards the following qualifications:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in utilizing AutoCAD 2016 (or newer) and Photoshop CC 2017 plus a minimum of 2 years’ experience in 3D rendering software such as Sketch Up Pro and/or InDesign
- Experience creating construction details is preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Suite
- The ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- A keen sense of organization and attention to detail with the ability to balance multiple projects with accuracy and efficiency, while also balancing changing priorities
- Excellent communication skills and an understanding of the importance of being proactive in communication efforts
- A valid Class G driver’s license
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform site analysis including obtaining field measurements/triangulation and elevations using a zip level
- Using AutoCAD software to prepare base plans/concept plans/construction drawings and details for Residential Design/Build Division
- Prepare Work Orders for Construction Team within LMN estimating software
- Prepare creative graphic 3D renderings, rendered site plans and presentation drawings/packages
- May involve some estimating and quantity take-offs
The majority of your time will be spent working in an office setting with occasional time spent outdoors, in all seasons, performing site analysis.
This position offers excellent long term progressive career opportunities. We offer excellent wages and benefits, an amazing training program, challenging and unique projects, an exceptional team environment and work/life balance.
If you would like to discuss your qualifications and alignment with our team and mission, please forward your resume and cover letter to Catherine Sinclair at email@example.com