Since 1991, Wentworth Landscapes has been demonstrating why it is a leader in creating outdoor spaces where people want to live, work and play. The firm’s holistic approach focuses on the awareness, intention and opportunity to create an outdoor space that beckons people, both young and old, outside and in turn boosting overall health and happiness of our clients. This purpose and drive brings about creative design solutions that meet the needs of the individual, community and developers while meeting project timelines and budgets.
Wentworth Landscapes, the design/build leader in south-eastern Ontario, is looking for a Junior Landscape Designer/Architect. Our central office is located in Picton, the heart of Prince Edward County, a celebrated region featuring its wineries, craft beer, artisan food specialists and its thriving music and arts community. We are committed to developing landscapes that harmoniously blended with nature, whether it is a back garden living space or a municipal park. The essence of our success comes from responding to our clients’ needs with landscapes and gardens that are anchored in creativity, experience, and enduring craftsmanship.
- Site Analysis including obtaining field measurements and elevations, as required.
- Preparing AutoCAD Base Plans, Design Development drawings, Construction drawings and details for the Commercial Design Division.
- Assisting in preparing creative 3D- renderings, rendered site plans and presentation drawings, as required.
- Estimating and quantity take-offs.
- Coordination and collaboration with Landscape Architects/Designers and Design/Build Team.
- Completing Daily Fours, daily and weekly calendar schedule/updates.
Should possess or be working towards the following qualities:
- Diploma or degree in Architectural Technology, Landscape Architecture/Design, or Horticulture or Environmental Landscape Management
- Min. three years’ professional construction detailing experience
- Min. five years’ experience in utilizing the following computer design software: AutoCAD 2019 min., Microsoft Office and Adobe Suite – InDesign and Photoshop CC 2020
- 3D rendering software such as Sketch Up Pro and Lumion 10 an asset
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Attention to detail and the ability to balance multiple projects with accuracy and efficiency
- Professional experience in scheduling project role responsibilities and reporting at schedule at weekly department meetings
- Organized with excellent written, verbal and graphic communication skills
Please send your resume and cover letter to Scott Hineman, Manager of Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org and include the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Posted on: 2020-07-15
Hiring by Wentworth Landscapes